Starting to Count Down to Retirement

I found myself with an empty moment at the same time as I had a calculator in my hand this morning. I decided to compute how many more days I would actually work if I retire at the end of June. Taking into account both my holiday entitlement and the fact that I now work only 4 days a week, it equates to just 90 days.

Whether I can actually complete the case files I have been hired to work on or not within that time is another issue. However, I have a feeling that it will be so much more pleasurable to retire as the days reach their longest and we hopefully have a spell of warm sunny days to enjoy. 30th June is therefore going to be my goal. 


Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you. I will watch with interest how you manage the next year or so. I have been retired for almost 1 year ( Jan.31/13) and am still not 100% settled with the idea.... even if it sounded great at the time. Be well
Caree Risover said…
Thanks for the warning - I know it will not be easy but am banking on it being a lot less stressful than the last few years
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing Caree. The June 30th date is just around the corner. Is it still happening for you?
Caree Risover said…
Yes - with accrued holiday, it has actually happened!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith

Late, Even in Retirement