In Need

I have been fortunate during my career to meet and speak with people of all occupations. Last week an old client rang me to see if I could take on some work for a friend of hers. We got talking; she told me she had changed positions and is now working for an exclusive bespoke travel agency,whilst I brought her up to date with my intention to retire.

When the call finished, I turned back to my computer.

Ping, an e-mail appeared. It was from my old client, advertising her wares alongside a comment to the effect: "If you need me."

Funny, I had never said a word about my plans in retirement. Does everyone automatically think that if you retire early it is with a view to travelling to exotic locations or was it because that is her line and she's desperate to make a sale?

You can think her pushy if you want but I have kept the contact details safe.




Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Great British Bake Off

Grateful for a Good Week

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Technophobia