The Little Black Dress

I am pleased to report that with two days away from the office I outwitted the weather yesterday and managed to spend a productive few hours in the garden. Today, however, I was thwarted by the rain. I have, therefore,  been tidying out cupboards and wardrobes, conscious that we are gradually moving into lighter weight clothing. 

That said the saying "N'er cast a clout till May's out," kept ringing in my ears. I'm hoping of course that it emanates from a pre-global warming age and what was then right for the end of May, now applies for the beginning.

In any event I made two piles of garments; one for the tip and the other for the charity shop. 

I included amongst the discarded items a little black dress and matching jacket that have been the main stay of my office wardrobe for the last two winters when I have worn them for formal meetings. I did feel slightly sad when I realised that I shall no longer have a need for them. I may have 22 days left to work (over a 7 week period) but I have concluded my last such meeting. I really want to try to declutter fully as I detach myself from my old life and embrace the new; either that or I've just being caught by Spring Tidying Fever.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Thank You but..

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith