Descending - Out of Control


I have been overcome by a summer cold lately, so much so that I've been collapsing on evenings and at weekends after struggling through work where I'm trying to complete everything before my final day, which looms ever closer. 

Huddled up on the couch, with a blanket round me and not feeling like doing anything except stare moronically out of the window at birds on the feeders, I did have a moment of panic when I wondered if retirement could be as tedious. Will I deteriorate into the kind of person who never gets out of her pyjamas or brushes her hair? Will I plump down on the couch and let daytime TV entertain me?

Heaven forbid - I'd rather keep working than descend that low!

Mind, standards are slipping. With not being well, household chores have mounted and there's a certain mentality developing that tells me "I'll leave that now until I am retired." I'm not sure, of course, if I can actually  go the distance without loading the washing machine or picking up the iron, but it looks as though I am going to give it a try!


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith

Late, Even in Retirement