Office Wear

Thursday morning was a bit of a shock to the system. After 3 months of pretty much pleasing myself as to whether to get up bright and early or revel in some beauty sleep (my goodness looking in the mirror, I need it), I had no choice; I was working to someone else's timetable. 

It was just how I remembered going to work to be. The alarm clock rang; I ignored it; it rang again and 15 minutes later I got out of bed, showered, dressed in  a suit and ate breakfast before applying make-up. Gracious, I had forgotten how good that stuff is for covering minor imperfections (perhaps I don't need beauty sleep after all).

Then I was out of the door, driving away, all before 8.15 am.

The hardest part other than an alarm clock ringing? Wearing shoes with a heel! It seems I have more or less escaped that habit for three months. 

In case anyone wonders, I didn't go to an office but instead had a series of meetings to attend at two of the schools in the federation of which I am a governor. Clearly I must have managed to look the part of a professional again as several of the students addressed me as "Miss." Were they to have seen me in the gardening clothes I have been wearing today, I have a feeling that they may have resorted to another title.

It was, from my current perspective, a long day and I did not get home until 4pm. No guesses for what I did first; shoes off and then I changed the suit for some comfy jogging pants and a t-shirt. 


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith

Late, Even in Retirement