Six Months and Still Counting - Reflections on a Sixth Month of Retirement



Yes it has now been six whole months since the big retirement date and I can honestly say I am still counting my blessings, as a result.

Of course most of month six was spent travelling which of itself is always a liberating and stimulating experience. We were away 18 days in total, something I had never managed during all my years at work. Best of all, not only did I return on a wave of excitement and inspiration but it is still with me. In those old office days, three days back behind my desk and it would have been a faded memory.

However, I confess that even I have  bored myself rigid with all 598 of my photographs, not to mention the Instagram retouched versions!

So instead I have now thrown myself into getting organised for Christmas. When you are working, leaving everything to the last fortnight becomes an overstressed panic. This year, it feels like oodles of time, especially now the youngest is home to help and to feed through even more ideas. 

I'm unclear whether Mister E feels the same. Upon our return there was a request for his professional services which he has agreed to fulfil on a part-time and flexible basis. He, therefore, did a day's work yesterday. All is not lost with him, as one day was sufficient to remind him of the pitfalls of commitment. He only does two more days before Christmas and is already maintaining that he will deserve a break!


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Boots and Balance

Sort Your Life Out

Exhaustion

Abbatar

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith