Cut Short




After the potential grumpy old woman's mutterings in my last blog entry intimating a clear dislike of change or interference, I thought it was important to redeem myself today.

At risk therefore of being labelled as a typical Guardian reader (I'm certainly not an active fashion consumer with a taste for designer labels but concede, without apology and as my retirement is evidence of, to inter alia liking to think I’m part of a progressive audience with a love of travel, art and culture), I just wanted to say how much I love the paper's new format, especially the Saturday Review and Travel sections. Who would have thought that I could ever read a newspaper in tabloid form? 

It just goes to demonstrate that there are changes which I can still truly embrace and any apparent lack of positivity in retirement is not yet to do with ageing (I hope).

Comments

Jane said…
I read the Guardian online almost every day and confess to occasionally "reading" the more lurid Daily Mail, though I draw the line at the Daily Mirror!
Caree Risover said…
Mail and the Guardian? Well that's one way to get a balanced view by reading newspapers from opposite ends of the political spectrum although I do think the Daily Mail is, shall we say, repeatedly guilty of somewhat extreme and irresponsible journalism.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Sort Your Life Out

A Lifesaver

Happy New Me

Good Riddance