Excitement is Building

I am well and truly into the final countdown now. I can almost touch retirement and it is getting so exciting as it draws ever closer. I have begun to hand over case files at work and when I actually had nothing to stress about this weekend, found myself living in the moment and even getting pleasure from mundane jobs like emptying the bin or the dishwasher.

Cards from well-wishers have started to arrive and everyone wants to know what my plans are.

My youngest even commented that I seemed rather happy today. Long may it last. As Mister E pointed out, this isn't a sabbatical or a few weeks of leisure and then a return to the grindstone; this is the rest of our lives and we have to make sure we spend them as we want, subject only to limitations imposed by money and common-sense.

Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Thank You but..

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith