Retired and Immune to Harm from Coffee



Thumbing through Mister E's monthly  magazine from his engineering institute, I noticed an article reporting the outcome of research at the Universities of South Carolina and Queensland in relation to the consumption of coffee. Apparently it's none too good for you if you're under 55 and drink more than 28 cups a week.
 
It seems, however, that once you are 55 there's no longer a significant increase in mortality rates, regardless of how much coffee you drink.
 
So now I know why the numerous coffee shops in the high street of our local town are frequented by retirees and clearly I'm going to be able to join them with impunity.
 
 

Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

The Danger Zone

Late, Even in Retirement

Exhaustion

Seven Years and Itching

A Reprieve

Happy New Me

Living the Dream

Popular Posts in last 30 days

Domesticity

You Know You're Old When...

A Helluva Summer

Snake Oil and Falling

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Celestial High

Lower Back Pain

Seven Years and Itching

Dementia Torment

Normality