That Sunday Night Feeling

I'm not sure how one describes the Sunday night blues. After a weekend of relaxation and fun with the family there's always something that's a bit depressing about Sunday evening. I know from speaking to colleagues that it's not confined to my home or me.

Over the years I have of course become more adept at coping with it although I have never actually banished the emotional low altogether. Of course, I am hoping retirement holds the key. If I don't have to work on a Monday or indeed any other day, then presumably Sunday and every evening will feel like Friday, or is that hoping for too much?


Comments

Anonymous said…
No, it's not hoping for too much. I've been retired for 14 years and more often than not I find myself looking forward to Mondays. Things are closed on Sundays and I can't do stuff that I'd like to so I look expectantly to Monday to get back to doing things I want to.

And doing things and having fun with the family takes place all week, not just on the weekends. Another advantage of the week as opposed to the weekend is that when you're retired you can go places like museums, art exhibitions, short excursion trips, and the like during the week and avoid the weekend crowds.

Finally, it will eventually seem that the entire week is like a weekend. This blurring of distinctions between weekends and weekdays is one of the real upsides of retirement.
Caree Risover said…
Thanks for the insight Martin. You have certainly painted a picture that has me feeling excited at the prospect of what is awaiting me.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Fatigued

A Lifesaver

Tormented

Grateful for a Good Week

Happy New Me