G-Force

 

It's been another busy week here in retirement, governed, or so it seems, by g-force*.

As ever I've been spending time in the gym where strengthening the lower back muscles and glutes seems to have been the order of the week. I guess I've made the grade,  because I've managed to spend my afternoons in the garden digging the ground, moving soil and transferring plants from the greenhouse to grow in the newly constructed vegetable beds which Mister E has made for me.

I've been exhausted by evening, covered in grime and ready for the hot bath that has generated sufficient recovery to enable me to spend the twilight hours concentrating on the GDPR or to give it its full title the General Data Protection Regulation which took effect on May 25th. Something to do with my previous life but I'm responsible for its implementation at the Almshouse where I am a trustee and, of course, am following an action plan of change as Parish Clerk. So much administration (she says gritting her teeth).

The sun has been gleaming and at the prospect of spending my time in the great outdoors, some mornings I confess I've actually felt giddy with excitement as I've leapt out of bed.

Gradually grilled by the glow from the glare of the glimmering sun, life is so good!

* a force acting on a body as a result of acceleration or gravity



Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Grateful for a Good Week

Great British Bake Off

The 3 x 60 Challenge

A Lifesaver