All's Well




I don't know why, other than that they make me smile, but it has become something of a convention for me to grow sunflowers at the back of my vegetable plot. Just over a week ago they began to bloom: the harbingers of summer.

 
It really is hard to look at them without feeling happy. Apparently they symbolise adoration, loyalty, longevity, good luck and even wisdom. Well if that doesn't bring you joy in retirement then I don't know what will.

For me they signify that all is well, or at least they would if the slugs hadn't attacked this one!




Comments

Treaders said…
I love sunflowers too. Sadly, my oldest and his wife had beautifully wrapped packets of sunflowers on the tables as wedding favours and mine didn't take when I planted them. And now they're getting divorced. Not that it's got anything to do with my sunflowers I guess but I can't help making the link!
Caree Risover said…
Darn, you’ve sown the seed and I fear I might just see that word Divorce the next time I look at them. Nah, taken a peep and they’ve still got me smiling #breakthelink

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Grateful for a Good Week

Great British Bake Off

The 3 x 60 Challenge

A Lifesaver