London for a Tattoo

 

I enjoyed another one of retirement's new experiences on Tuesday when I travelled to London for a tattoo! I took my stick which proved really useful, especially with my injured leg in a knee brace, when one willing passenger on the train volunteered to swap seats so I could stretch out my leg and another on the tube gave up his seat for me. In fact somebody even offered to help me onto an escalator but to have accepted would really have been taking things too far.

Of course you might be wondering why someone with an incapacitated knee would travel all the way to London for a tattoo. Let me just say this has been in my diary for several months and I wasn't prepared to miss the appointment for the world.


 I had better clarify, however, that it was not my tattoo and it took place at a preliminary event forming part of the  celebrations leading up to the eldest's wedding. It is a traditional custom in his fiancee's culture for the bride to be decorated with henna in advance of the marriage ceremony and, never one to miss a good party, I had to be there.

 

What a night! I do confess that staying up until 1am could also count as a new retirement record. Bring on the wedding celebrations, however, and I might try to beat it!

 

 


Comments

Jean said…
What a beautiful design!
Treaders said…
Oh I love the henna tattoos. My friend's husband is of Moroccan descent and they do this also! Just lovely! And who says Londoners are ignorant - they'd be wrong judging by how helpful people were to you wouldn't they!
Marksgran said…
Wow, that looks fabulous, what a brilliant tradition! Sounds like a great time was had by all. Also, I'm impressed by all the care you received on public transport in London, good for you! Hope you can lose the stick before the BIG day! x
Jeanette Lewis said…
In the summer of 2019, I was invited to a henna party before a friend's wedding. What a wonderful event it was! Food and dancing and beautiful clothes especially those sported by the South Asian women. The henna artists were skillful. I had a beautiful henna tatto on my arm that brought many compliments in the days afterward. Too bad that the henna faded but I enjoyed looking at my arm and having it admired by many friends.
Caree Risover said…
Thank you all for your comments. It really was a fantastic event, surpassed only by the wedding itself of which I must blog shortly.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Fatigued

A Lifesaver

Tormented

Grateful for a Good Week

Happy Easter