Noticing the Surroundings



On our trip to the Lake District, it was good to have the time to wander through the countryside and onto the fells with nothing to worry about back in the office. Suddenly there was so much more to see without any distractions to my concentration. Rather than planning strategies for clients, I actually noticed and appreciated what was happening around me: the greenery, birds, clouds, reflections in the mountain tarns, the noise of flowing streams, the insects and wild flowers. When you are able to see it, there is an amazing world out there.

On the other hand there are some things that I do continue to take for granted and hardly notice. Hence, concentrating on the drive down the road to our accommodation in Langdale, I was startled by a squeal from one of my passengers in the back seat. Clattering over a cattle grid, to which I had never given a second thought, our guest from London who had never before come across such a device, thought the back wheels on my car had collapsed! 


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Grateful for a Good Week

Great British Bake Off

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Technophobia