Saturday Night Hay Fever


This week I have discovered a downside to retirement and it is called "hay fever." Now it is not that I haven't suffered in the past but, at home this week surrounded by Spring flowers and a constant breeze, I have well and truly succumbed. Kicking myself for planting all those hyacinth bulbs in the autumn, they do nonetheless look stunning in their pastel shades of blue and pink. However, my eyes, nose and throat are paying the price for their beauty. Fortunately it is not yet sufficient to want to cut myself off in an air conditioned office in the middle of town surrounded by brick walls and tarmac. 


Comments

The Caree said…
In an air-conditioned office you would probably pick up other peoples colds or flu - you are much better off looking at your hyacynths from afar...
Caree Risover said…
I am in total agreement with that, although I'd rather not have the runny nose and sore throat on either count!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Happy New Me

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith