Hare Today


I always know it's March when the hares begin to entertain in the field beyond our garden. Courtship rituals seem to involve madcap chases and boxing matches. "Hare today; spring tomorrow," is the message of the month. Of course, so much time has elapsed since I last posted an entry here that I've not only been watching the hares for several weeks but spring has actually arrived.

My healing process has proceeded apace and fortunately enabled me to get into the garden with a spade, just in time to enjoy some wonderful warm spring weather. Snow is now forecast for Wednesday but it was good whilst it lasted.



 Spring is regarded as the season for rebirth and it is so enjoyable to watch the bulbs blooming and buds bursting into blossom. 


After an absence of over 2 years, we also got to visit our retirement project, six hours away at Crinan. That has to be another renaissance to add to the month's total. Moreover the weather there was magnificent, enabling us once again to appreciate  the stunning seascape in the best of conditions.


Surgery behind me and stitches healed, I almost feel reborn too. I might not have as much bounce in my step as a new born lamb but I certainly feel as though I have!


 I returned to the gym last week, easing myself in with gentle swimming and stretching classes. This morning, however, it was back to barbells and weights all to a soundtrack from the late seventies/early eighties featuring the likes of Abba, Dire Straits, the Eagles, Duran Duran and U2. Talk about rejuvenation, I was whisked right back to memories of those parties in an earlier age. The resurrection of forty year old disco music in an exercise session. Is there a better metaphor for the delights of spring and resurgence?

 

Comments

Treaders said…
I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better. And lucky you getting the 1980s music at the gym! All I get is bloody awful techno music but I don't suppose any of the young whippersnappers at my gym want to listen to ABBA do they! And Crinan looks just beautiful. Man do I ever have to visit Scotland at some point!
Caree Risover said…
Thanks Treaders and fortunately the young whippersnappers at my gym don't want to do weight classes with people who were their age in the seventies, which is probably how we get to avoid the pounding beat of the techno music you refer to. Mind I still had to ask for our music to be turned down a little!
Treaders said…
Ha ha, asking for the music to be turned down!!!!

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Grateful for a Good Week

Great British Bake Off

A Lifesaver

Technophobia