Broken

 

Yes, the house is broken but it is supposed to be being put back together. Except, when we last visited, somebody had decided that it would be a good idea to relay patio pavers at a noticeably higher level than those that had not been uprooted. It's not that I'm opposed to terracing but not across the patio please. So now there's another job to redo and so possibly delay our return still further. You really can't make this stuff up.

It's tempting fate to ask to be given a break, but that's exactly what I did get last week, except this time it's the car that's now broken too. My fault for hanging onto it too long, I suppose. I had thought I'd try to embrace the whole retirement ethos of driving around in an old vehicle, being unable to decide what exactly to upgrade it for, especially now we appear to be entering the sunset stage of fossil fuel driven vehicles. It was a silly move based on the idea that, whilst I'd always needed a reliable car for work and was accustomed to changing them every 3 or 4 years, times had altered and reliability was not so important. I've now discovered, of course, that reliability is everything when I can't easily get to visit my mother without a lift from Mister E whose car I am not comfortable driving myself. 

Also, I am unable to go to the gym. I'm going to have to be wary; without my regular doses of weights, cardio and stretching, will my body be the next thing to break? They do say things come in threes!

On the plus side, the body is still working at present, I am alive and retirement life is wonderful... despite the hurdles.

 

 

Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

Exhaustion

A Reprieve

The Danger Zone

One a Day

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

Never Say Never, But..

Dream or Nightmare?

A Full Service

Ageing

Back to School

Carnage

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Exhaustion

A Drenching