Retirement Feels Like a Holiday


Oh dear, at the moment I am struggling a little with the concept of freedom and free time. Thirteen days since finishing work and it still feels like I am on holiday.

I tried to bring myself back to reality by doing one of those chores I had saved for retirement and gave the bathroom a good clean but to no avail, the concept still hasn't sunk in.

Being able to stay up late, lie in bed on a morning if I want to, treat myself to real coffee at 11 a.m., go out for lunch and generally do whatever I want, all adds to the laid back holiday feel.

The only mild irritation has been the clothes in my wardrobe which had understandably been arranged for a busy working schedule. I have, however, now sorted that by putting smart suits and blouses in the wardrobe in the spare bedroom and replacing them with T-shirts and other more casual clothing so they are now accessible instead. That way I can now even dress as though I am on holiday too!

I guess I'll know if it's all become too much like a vacation when I dash downstairs early one morning and spread my beach towel out on a kitchen chair!  


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Keeping the Faith

Late, Even in Retirement

Thank You but..