A Winter Wonderland


When we awoke this morning, the world outside had been transformed by a slight snowfall. A little like not having to leave the house when it is still dark, I revelled in the thought that I didn't have to drive out of the village on untreated roads in the snow and ice to go to work. 

Three hours later though I did venture out for a yoga class. The sky was a brilliant blue and the ice on the lane into my village was only just beginning to thaw. As I drove along, I recalled with a wry smile of  how, for more winters than I care to count, I had been careful when ascending the slope at the beginning of the lane, manoeuvring the left hand bend a quarter of a mile outside the village and finally of trying to bring the car to a halt at the junction with the main road.

Today and for me, setting out much later than would have been the case, there was no problem but, to my dismay and once on the main roads, I passed the scenes of three earlier accidents: a car upside down in a hedge; two cars pushed onto the verge after a collision; a car where the driver had been cut free and rushed to hospital by air-ambulance. 

I do hope that everyone who was involved recovers. On my part it is a great relief not to have to encounter slippery road conditions at peak times with the risk of an oncoming driver losing control of his vehicle.



Comments

Debra Journet said…
It is snowing in the US and I snowing in the UK but it is not snowing in Budapest!
Caree Risover said…
I'm sure it will at some point during your stay there, when , of course, we shall all look forward to seeing the pictures
Debra Journet said…
And of course, you were right. It IS snowing in Budapest.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Boots and Balance

Sort Your Life Out

Exhaustion

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith

Abbatar