Preparing for a Rerun

 
Image by Sathish kumar Periyasamy from Pixabay

Who'd have suspected, but it seems the Health Secretary must be eavesdropping on this blog and has read my last entry. I say that because why else would he suddenly announce yesterday that all hospital staff must start to wear masks as well as visitors and patients too? Perhaps, like me, he had previously assumed that was happening as a matter of course.

Meanwhile, it is really a shame that Clap for Carers is no more, because, having been assured that I would receive my test results in the early part of next week, the Nurse rang on Thursday morning with them. Underpromising and over delivering, the NHS can do it too and I certainly would have had no hesitation in giving its staff a round of applause from my doorstep that evening.

The only downside is that half of the results were  inconclusive. It seems therefore that my last visit was simply a rehearsal and I have to go back next week for "further investigations." This time, however, and before I am going to be allowed into the department, I have to take a Covid test 24 hours beforehand. In fact, I shall probably spend part of tomorrow making a mask for myself in addition. 

Even though the Government announcement impacting on outpatients doesn't actually come into force until 15th June, we all know that there seems to be something a little topsy turvy about the guidelines and regulations appertaining to the virus. Unlike government ministers, I'd rather be ahead of the game; so mask and testing it is and let's hope all the staff have theirs too.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Fatigued

A Lifesaver

Tormented

Grateful for a Good Week

Happy Easter