At Your Own Pace

  


Well it took me so long to get started on this decorating lark, you might think I'd be attacking it as I would the 100 metre dash. You are possibly correct in that respect, except these days my sprint would be more akin to walking pace and that's the speed the painting is going too. 

I'm intermingling it with tasks in the garden, as well as taking to heart that the key to a good result is preparation, preparation and yet more preparation.

The great thing about retirement, of course, is that you have as much time as you want to throw at these assignments. You are not being paid, so pick the hours to suit and spend as many as you want on the job in hand. Freed from the workplace mantra that time is money, you can be as much of a perfectionist as you choose.

Love it or loathe it. If the former why not indulge yourself with a few extra hours of enjoyment? If the latter, why bother at all?

Obviously my intention is to maintain the impulse to move things along. I'm aware, of course, that if I proceed too slowly then I might lose all momentum. So at present, I'm advancing gradually on a daily basis  building up the decorating muscles for a marathon, not a sprint.


Comments

Treaders said…
I tend to "flitter" from one thing to another as the interest takes me, and I've long ago learned that that's the ONLY way anything will get done around here. There's nothing wrong with taking your time!
Caree Risover said…
Nothing wrong with a flitter, although I’m generally more of a flirter but it just sounds so wrong.
Jennyff said…
There never a rush to decorate as far as I’m concerned, When we sold our house in Scotland some rooms had the original 25 year old paint on the walls, The penthouse is leasehold and according to the rules all rooms should be repainted at least every 5 years, dream on we are coming up for 7 years with no intention at all to redecorate. As I said no hurry at all, have a relaxing weekend.
Caree Risover said…
My problem is usually being enticed away by more pleasurable pursuits and consequently the job rumbles on and on. Lockdown would of course have been the perfect time to have got stuck in but the inclination didn’t hit until just recently! However, the inclement weather is now holding me to task.

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Fatigued

Planning for the Big Day

Grateful for a Good Week

Great British Bake Off

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Technophobia