Grateful for a Good Week

 


Altogether it's been a good week. Transformative even, one might say.

Not only did I finish painting a cupboard outside the bathroom, amongst other places, but we also made it to IKEA for the storage boxes I wanted to go into it. Best of all, I managed to construct them without any assistance from Mister E. Creativity comes in many forms, be it screwing together pieces of wood or arranging the finished product on shelves. Brutal simplicity is the best description for the effect achieved, I think, and I confess I still can't pass that particular cupboard without a little peek inside to marvel at the conversion.

Also, I got the result of the antigen test I'd submitted for research purposes into Covid-19. "Antibodies clearly detectable," it says. I guess I'd have been seriously perturbed if it had revealed anything else, but it's still good to know that the vaccine has done the trick, for the moment anyway. With a second dose since, I am reassured as to my ability to reintegrate into the world as the next phase of restriction-easing dawns.

Then, if all that wasn't enough, those seedlings bed and breakfasting in my laundry room moved out at long last this morning and are now enjoying the luxury conditions of the greenhouse after the forecast suggested no more frosty nights are likely, at least for this week! The glasshouse now hosts greenery and I have space to wash and iron once more. Well I appreciate the space anyway, less so the chores.

I feel extremely grateful too that, as one of the few areas without local elections, we are cushioned from all the navel gazing taking place in Westminster at present as the political fall out and pointless media commentary continues. Sometimes I feel we have really created our own little oasis of independence, removed through retirement and lockdown from the shenanigans of the outside world.

Finally I have discovered a new diet that actually seems to work. It's called the Decorator's Reduction and has, I guess, little to do with the minimalist effect being sought and more to do with being on my feet all day!

So, there we have it: gratitude, change and fulfillment in abundance and all from very little.

Comments

Jean said…
It's good to be on a roll and achieve so many positive outcomes occasionally!!
Caree Risover said…
After using a paint roller this morning, your comment definitely resonates, Jean
Jennyff said…
Hope this week is just as productive. Its satisfying to see your work has made a difference, to you and your home. Well done.
Caree Risover said…
Thank you, Jennyff, and the unseasonal weather today (warmer than of late at 12 degrees but with thundery downpours) certainly helped deliver another productive day.
Treaders said…
Well done on getting that cupboard done. There's nothing wrong with being minimalist - in fact, I'd say it's highly recommended. As for diets, I like the "meringue and Gruyère cream" diet - it's incredibly easy to follow!
Jeanette Lewis said…
It's good to know that it is not only in Southern Ontario that we have cooler temperatures. For the past three days, every night temperature has been -1C. My seedlings are getting 'leggy' -- they need to be transplanted. You are lucky to have a greenhouse.
PS -- the paint job looks good!
Caree Risover said…
I was beginning to think that my next project might have to be the installation of heating in that greenhouse if the low temperatures continued
Caree Risover said…
I recall being told meringues are a vital constituent of any dessert when dieting - not sure about Gruyere cream Treaders but yes it sounds simple. Does it work though? Come to think of it, if it tastes good, does it matter?
Christie Hawkes said…
Congratulations Caree on this week's successes. It all sounds so lovely. Might I add, your writing style is delightful. Enjoy your day!
Caree Risover said…
Thank you Chrissie , on all counts, but especially the compliment

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Great British Bake Off

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Technophobia

The 3 x 60 Challenge