The Sequel

 

Following all those packages I referred to in my last blog post, this arrived today: Biological Substance Category B. 

I've been invited to participate in a study to assess the level of immunity to COVID-19 within the population. Why not, I thought. After all, as well as contributing to the research, it might be interesting to learn just how protected I am at the moment, coming up for my second dose of  the vaccine. I might also gain some insight as to the general situation from the summary of the study outcome that will be forwarded to participants,

Of course it could end up being a blow to my confidence as we begin to merge again with the outside world but at least I should have a slightly better idea of the risk level.

Meanwhile, if anyone can explain why, just when restrictions are being relaxed, I have finally opened those cans of paint that I bought 13 months ago for decorating during lockdown, I'd be most grateful. Is it really a sub-conscious excuse to  stay at home, now I no longer need to? Or, is it to appease the guilt trip after seeing the state of our walls in the spring sunshine?



Comments

Marksgran said…
It will be interesting to know how much immunity you have prior to the second jab. Too many people seem to feel that having the first one makes them invincible!
I too was wondering why all of a sudden I feel the need to do some of the stuff I've been threatening to do since first lockdown! Now that we can go further I feel the need to stay nearer home again! x
Caree Risover said…
I’m thinking we are all just contrary beings, rebels in our own way perhaps.
Treaders said…
I had to laugh when you said you're just NOW getting those paint pots out. I think we probably thought we had "all this time to do so-and-so" and then finding ourselves nearing the end (hopefully) of this pandemic we realize how little we actually achieved. I wouldn't worry though, I don't think you're the only one!
Caree Risover said…
Yes, sadly I won’t be doing a blog post listing my achievements during lockdown. Getting to the other end sane and healthy will be achievement enough, I think.
Christie Hawkes said…
I am curious to learn about your immunities. I got my second shot on Monday. I hoping I'm pretty safe by now; though I continue to exercise caution. Funny how we had all these ideas of what we would do during lockdown, compared to what we actually did.
Caree Risover said…
I’m thinking the results might just merit a blog entry! As for my lockdown ideas, if I’d carried only some of them out, I’d be up to date on contemporary literature, fluent in several languages by now, and a great cook living in a minimalist home surrounded by landscaped gardens..

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Great British Bake Off

Grateful for a Good Week

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

Technophobia