The Nest is Rather Full




One of the pitfalls of letting the property that the eldest was living in is, of course, that he is now homeless. Fortunately I understand that completing academic papers and visiting friends whilst killing time awaiting one's Viva can be done from essentially anywhere. In this instance, however, "anywhere" just happens to be back at home with his parents.

It is really not so long ago that I was recording our status as empty nesters and wondering what Mister E and I might do if  one of our children joined the ranks of the Boomerang Generation and returned.

Experience now tells me that the major downfalls seem to be an endless shortage of food in the fridge and a laundry basket that is piled higher than ever. Still it can't be so bad for I haven't yet started to fantasise about returning to work to escape the cuckoo. Besides I have it on good authority that his flight to New Zealand is already booked. Mind he missed a trick; another few weeks at home and we might even have bought his air ticket for him!

 

Comments

Debra Journet said…
Silly child. One should always know the extent of a parent's patience!
Jane said…
Twice now my 26 year old was on the verge of moving out and twice now it hasn't happened. I haven't even had the chance to miss her yet! She's finally full-time with benefits in a job she loves so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't dare bring it up and jinx the whole thing!
Caree Risover said…
I think he must have underestimated how much more laid back we are in retirement
Caree Risover said…
There are advantages both ways but once you have tasted freedom, it is hard to relinquish

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Enough

Boots and Balance

Late, Even in Retirement

Abbatar

Sort Your Life Out

A Reprieve

Good Riddance

Thank You but..