Health Matters

I guess one of the things about getting older is that you begin to realise that your body does creak from time to time and that you perhaps haven't always treated is as a temple in the way that you ought to have done. Indeed "guilty by neglect" is an obvious turn of phrase for those who, like me, struggle to put a face, let alone a name, to their doctor.

Whilst I like to think that my working life has equated pretty much to 100% fit and healthy, there are still those worrying niggles and in my case the elephant in the room, as they say these days, has been a long-term skin condition exacerbated by stress. 

I am determined to get that under control to ensure that I can enjoy retirement to its full and with that in mind saw a Consultant Dermatologist yesterday thinking that whatever quick fix might be prescribed, I could put it off and then embrace fully when I cease work. No such luck, taking the medication begins now (or rather next week when the result of blood tests are known) and appears to potentially include a range of side effects that sound worse than the condition itself. 

Maybe my mentality is wrong and has to change, but is it possible that avoiding doctors is a reasonable strategy after all?


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

Exhaustion

The Danger Zone

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

A Whinge and a Moan

Calamity After Calamity

From the Post

Great British Bake Off

Grateful for a Good Week

Old Fogeys up t'Dale

Planning for the Big Day

Fatigued

The 3 x 60 Challenge

A Lifesaver