Self Doubt and Farewell

Tonight I attended a final committee meeting for a working group I have participated in for the last four years. The sessions are attended by generous natured and helpful individuals full of what can best be described as bonhomie. It is a wrench to say goodbye, knowing that I am unlikely to see many of them again. 

Indeed it is on such occasions that one can't help having a sudden panic: am I actually doing the right thing, knowing that I am genuinely going to miss sessions like those? That said my fellow committee members expressed envy and a willingness to swap positions with me were I to give them the chance. 

Perhaps it is actually a case of "the grass is always greener on the other side," or maybe I really am seizing an opportunity now that fellow colleagues are either unable or too scared to take themselves. Let's just hope it's not a great big conspiracy where they know something that I don't.

There we are, self doubt creeps in on occasions but, with everything now in place for my retirement, all I can do is ignore it.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Boots and Balance

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Exhaustion

Sort Your Life Out

Abbatar

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith