Changing our Behaviour Patterns to Suit Retirement

I can see that there are some patterns of behaviour that Mister E and I are going to have to redesign for retirement. Take the bins for instance. Now for as long as I can remember, he wheels them to the front before setting out to work whilst I put out the recycling boxes and bag, before I leave 45 minutes later.

However, it seems that when he has a little more time on his hands , (as has been the case for the last couple of weeks when he has not been working), Mister E has taken the recycling containers to the garden gate too.

Now, of course, that would  be a good thing except that I also run round the house making sure that all bottles from the bathrooms, paper from the waste-bins and cans from the kitchen have been gathered together and put into the correct receptacles first. Either Mister E must learn to do this too; I must start to do it the night before or, as last week, I have to walk down the drive to deposit them in the containers which have already been placed ready for emptying by the Council.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

The Danger Zone

Late, Even in Retirement

Exhaustion

Seven Years and Itching

A Reprieve

Happy New Me

An Annual Introspection

Popular Posts in last 30 days

You Know You're Old When...

A Helluva Summer

Domesticity

Normality

Celestial High

Snake Oil and Falling

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Seven Years and Itching

Lower Back Pain

Lessons in Life from Alfred Wainwright