Party Planning

It's been a busy week at work, but good colleagues always help. This week they surpassed themselves not only with their efforts but also their plans for my retirement party. Apparently they don't want me slipping out of the back door quietly and reckon a large party is required with invitations to all the great, good and sociable I have fraternised with during my career.

I have to confess the more they described it, the more emotional I became, until I could hardly hold back the tears. I have an awful feeling that if they go ahead with this plan, it's going to feel a bit like attending my own funeral. 

Maybe the back door will be better.




Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

The Danger Zone

Late, Even in Retirement

Exhaustion

Seven Years and Itching

A Reprieve

Happy New Me

An Annual Introspection

Popular Posts in last 30 days

You Know You're Old When...

A Helluva Summer

Domesticity

Normality

Celestial High

Snake Oil and Falling

The 3 x 60 Challenge

Seven Years and Itching

Lower Back Pain

Lessons in Life from Alfred Wainwright