Hale, Hearty and Ninety


I am a trustee of a charity that provides shelter for elderly people who are in need but still capable of independent living. Once a year the trustees organise a party for the residents which is always well attended. We make the food, decorate the communal hall and arrange for some entertainment. The Mayor attends along with the residents and trustees

Today was the day and as ever everyone was on fine form. My offering in the cake stakes (pictured above) is inevitably simple but goes down a treat. Who says the elderly can't eat hard sweets?

I would like to think that I shall not fall within the category of people eligible for assistance under the charity's constitution. However, after seeing all those ninety year olds singing along with the musical entertainment as well as their appetites over a good old fashioned high tea, I can only hope that I live to be their age and, if I do, that I am still enjoying food and high spirits with the same vivacity.


Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Late, Even in Retirement

Keeping the Faith

Happy New Me