Pressing Send

There's something about the Send button, that turns me to a quivering wreck. A state of nervousness usually overtakes me as I tussle with the dilemma of making sure all is correct before I click in the appropriately marked box. Inevitably if it's an e-mail and despite the lengths I procrastinate over it, I have still been known to omit the attachment and my follow up message of "Oops" ought now to merit an autotext entry in its own right.

Worse than e-mails however is on-line banking. It is so convenient but there are times when undertaking a simple banking transaction can reduce me to jelly, something that queuing in the branch has never done. It's the fear of making a mistake with the figures; checking and double-checking the account  numbers and, as for the amount itself, a nought in the wrong place could prove a costly error.

Anyway, spurred on by the Chancellor's effort to kick start contributions to pension schemes and with the end of the tax year drawing nigh, I logged on, overcame my neurotic wavering and finally pressed Send, hopefully remitting what will be a final payment to my pension scheme and not that of somebody else.



Comments

Most Popular Posts of All Time

The 3 x 60 Challenge

All Aboard for Pampering

A Full Service

Late, Even in Retirement

A Reprieve

One a Day

The Danger Zone

Exhaustion

Business Networking in Retirement

Not Only But Also

Popular Posts in last 30 days

From the Post

Three Leaks and a Garage Door

Enough

Sort Your Life Out

Boots and Balance

Exhaustion

From Out of the Rabbit Hole

Happy New Me

Keeping the Faith

Late, Even in Retirement